Thursday, June 18, 2015

My Prelude



I used to blog. 

I used to blog a lot. 

For two and half years, I blogged about my adventures learning to cook with my favorite sous chef, the boyfriend, who I affectionately referred to as my Mr. Max. It was what we loved to do together and how we spent quality time.

Mr. Max became my husband in December of 2012. We kept cooking together but life also kept building for us. After a near move across the country, we decided that instead of exploring just one new city, we should have some adventure through travel and new experiences all over. Then we bought a house and learned how much we loved making it ours, turning it into our home. 

In all of this, the cooking blog got lost on me and I found I had more I wanted to share beyond what we created in the kitchen. Through our travels, becoming first time homeowners and life in general, I created Domestikated to serve as a new creative outlet. However, it's been sitting here in the world wide webisphere for more than a year and I haven’t done anything with it yet. 

Recently, my husband and I suffered the greatest loss we have ever faced – the death of our child. Sorting through grief, I decided it was time to give myself an outlet for release again, to start writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment